Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Greek Goddess Elpis


For my second myth I chose the greek goddess Elpis, who is the goddess of hope. Elpis was trapped in a jar by Zeus and was under the power of Pandora. When the jar was opened all the spirits in the jar escaped except for Elpis and she stayed in the jar to comfort mankind. Elpis was often represented by a young woman or a young child carring flowers in her arms. So I took this photo of my little cousin Charis. I took the photo out side to give the picture a soft sunlight. When I was taking pictures of Charis I had her hold these yellow flowers in her hand to help represent the greek myth. Then when I was editing the photo I didnt have to do too much, just a gaussion blurr and I earased her profile and the flowers to keep the focus on them. I also used the sponge tool in the background on the house because it was bright red and it look distracting.

No comments:

Post a Comment