Thursday, March 25, 2010

Greek Goddess Circe


I did the Greek Myth of Circe who was a goddess that used magic and potions. She lived on the Island of Aeaea and when sailors or who ever, came to her island she would feed them and when they drank her wine they would turn into dogs, lions or pigs. Then she would bring them to her stables where many other sailors had been transformed into animals. When the sailors changed into animals they looked and talked like an animal but still had their human brains which made them more gental. So to interpret this Greek Myth I took a picture of my cousin and my dog. I took the picture in a field to show the feel of the island and how I thought it might have looked. I had my cousin look down tward my dog as if she had changed him from a sailor to a dog. To make the photo more mystical and magical I gaussion blurred the background and kept my cousin and my dog in clear focus. Then I changed to opacity down to about 70 so the photo would be kind of clear but still blurred to keep the focus on my cousin. Another thing I did was burn the photo and I changed the curves so the picture would be darker to help the mood. I also clone stamped out a house in the background because it was distracting and I dodged my cousins cheek a little to help your eye lead straight to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment